Effective Date: March 28th, 2017
Last Modified: March 28th, 2017
Websites Covered: Malemasseurs.com
Mobile Application Covered: MaleMasseurs
- Parties – The operative parties referred to in this policy are Company and You, the User of this site.
- HC Digital, Inc. is the publisher and operator of the websites and/or mobile applications listed at the beginning of this Policy. Hereinafter, HC Digital, Inc., shall be referred to as “Company.” When first-person pronouns are used in this Policy, (Us, We, Our, Ours, etc.) these provisions are referring to Company. Additionally, when the terms “the Site” or “Site” are used, these terms refer to any or all of the websites and/or mobile applications listed at the beginning of this Policy, along with any such mobile interface version of the same.
- You, the User – As the User of this Site, this Policy will refer to the User as “You” or through any applicable second-person pronouns, such as “Yours,” etc. Hereinafter, the User of the Site shall be referred to in applicable second-person pronouns.
- Parties – The operative parties referred to in this policy are Company and You, the User of this site.
- Revisions to this Policy – We reserve the right to revise, amend, or modify this Policy and Our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. You should periodically check for any modifications of this Policy by re-visiting this page and using the “refresh” button on Your browser. You should note the date of last revision to this Policy, which appears at the top of this Policy. If the “last modified” date remains unchanged after You have clicked the “refresh” button on Your browser, You may presume that no changes have been made since the last reading of the Policy. A changed “last modified” date indicates that this Policy has been updated or edited, and the updated or edited version supersedes any prior versions immediately upon posting.
- Personal Information that We Collect – Users of Our Site and services will have multiple manners of interactivity with Us. Depending upon Your level of interaction and/or participation, We will collect different information about You. The User designations below apply to this Policy only, and the type of information collected is as follows:
- Unregistered Users - Unregistered Users are Users of the Site and services who may have access to certain Site features, or content uploaded by Registered Users. This access may require certain active data collection from You, for example, a valid e-mail address. Any information passively gathered from Unregistered Users is also gathered from Registered Users. This passively collected information is restricted to IP address, geographic location and other global positioning data, browser session data, and browser history. Furthermore, We reserve the right to enlist the age verification services of a third party agent, and condition Your access to the Site and/or services on any such age verification procedure.
- Registered Users - Registered Users are those Users who interact and/or participate on the Site or with Our services in a manner requiring registration of a User account and/or purchase of a Membership Subscription. Depending on Your level of participation in the services as a Registered User, You may be required to provide Your legal name, physical address, a functioning telephone contact number, a valid e-mail address, username, geographic location, and various physical descriptions and/or preferences. We reserve the right to request additional identity verification, including without limitation, a government-issued photo I.D. and/or driver’s license, or any other personally identifying information that We deem necessary for lawful access of Our Site or its services. Should any credit card and/or billing information be collected from You as a Registered User, it is at the request of Our third party billing agent, and is not stored by Us.
- How We Collect Information from You
- Active Collection – We collect information from You when You access certain Site features or participate in certain services offered by the Site, access various mobile interface versions of the Site, complete registration of one of Our various types of User accounts, during the purchase of a premium feature upgrade or Membership Subscription, or upon actively opting-in to participate in a specific Site feature. This collected information includes but is not limited to your IP address, geographic location, and other global positioning data. Locations for such active data collection are via online forms throughout the Site, at various opt-in portals of certain Site features, or via the account registration page and/or individualize account settings page for Registered Users.
- Flash Cookies – Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, you can access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s website.
- Web Beacons – Pages of the Website (and the Company’s emails) may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages (or opened an email) and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). If you want to learn more about web beacons, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org/web-beacons/.
- How We Use Your Information
- The primary use for Your information is to provide You with services You haverequested. We also use Your information to deliver customized services to You. Non-personal and aggregate information, such as that collected passively is used in order to customize Our marketing efforts or to customize the use of Our Site for an aggregate group of customers. For example, We may use the general geographic location generated by Your IP address or GPS location to calculate the number of Users in a given area, and the approximate proximity among the same. We also use Your information for market research purposes in order to enhance User experience according to tracked interests, to analyze and target potential new markets, and for other marketing purposes. We may provide Your e-mail address and other contact information to third parties for the purpose of providing You with advertisements that We believe You would enjoy. However, any communication You receive resulting from Us providing Your e-mail address to a third party will provide You with the opportunity to opt-out of future advertisements, in compliance with applicable laws.
- When You provide certain optional account information, or enable Site features that require specific opt-in agreement, You should consider all such information to be public, and accessible by anyone unless otherwise stated. For example, should You choose to enable Our ’Near You’ or ‘Relative Distance’ map display features, You understand that Your location information gathered by Our Site’s geo-location services, may be made public via such map display features.
- You are aware that even if You choose not to make public any personally identifying information via Your account or specific Site features, You should understand that there is a possibility that You may still be identified through the information You provided. You understand that using this Site places You in control of all of the public information related to Your account, and You are fully responsible for any consequences arising out of such information You choose to publish or make known via Our Site and services.
- You understand that We may enlist the services of third parties in order to provide and operate certain features available on the Site, and We may share Your information with such third parties in order to enhance the performance of the provided features.
- Do Not Track Policy - Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in your browser. DNT is a way for you to inform websites and services that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. The Company is committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information it collects and that is why the Company provides you the ability to opt out. But the Company does not recognize or respond to any DNT signals as the Internet industry works toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT. For more information, visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
- Third Party Data Tracking – We may utilize third party data tracking services, and apply such tracking services to User activity on Our Site. We do not provide any personally identifying information to any such third parties, but they may choose to collect generalized User activity data from You. The collection and use of this aggregate User data may be subject to the policies of the relevant third party tracking service. For more information about data tracking and Your rights as an online consumer, please visit www.networkadvertising.org.
- Special Cases – It is Our policy not to use or share the personal information about Users in ways unrelated to those described in this Policy without also providing You an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses. However, We may disclose personal information, or information regarding Your use of the services or Site(s) accessible through Our services, for any reason if, in Our sole discretion, We believe that it is reasonable to do so, including:
- To satisfy any laws, such as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, regulations, governmental, or legal requests for such information;
- To disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms & Conditions or other User policies;
- To operate Our services properly;
- To protect ourselves, Our Users, and the general public. We specifically reserve the right to disclose any and all information to law enforcement in the event that a crime is committed, is suspected, or if We are compelled to do so by lawful criminal, civil, or administrative process, discovery requests, subpoenas, court orders, writs, or reasonable request of authorities or persons with the reasonable power to obtain such process.
- We may cooperate with law enforcement authorities seeking information about Our Users to the extent required by applicable law. We may cooperate with private party litigants, governmental administrative or regulatory agencies if We are legally advised to do so. Examples of such cooperation include but are not limited to, lawful criminal, civil, or administrative process, discovery requests, subpoenas, court orders, writs, or reasonable request of authorities or persons with the reasonable power to obtain such process.
- If there is any investigation on any unlawful spamming, or any use of bulk e-mail in order to promote Your User account, or any use of bulk e-mail in any manner that leads back to Our Site, or any one of Our Sites, We will cooperate with any and all parties completely and freely in order to see that Your bulk e-mail activities stop.
- If We have reason to believe that a User has attempted, or committed fraud, or any form of fraudulent activity via the Site and/or services.
- Transmittals from Us.
- We may send You periodic announcements or notifications from Us via e-mail and/or SMS messaging. Such communications may include updates regarding Your User account, communications from other Users, and details of Our existing and new programs. You may opt-out of these announcements by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, or by clicking the opt-out link at the bottom of these emails. If You opt-out of these marketing emails, You may still receive system notices and other information that is specifically related to administrative maintenance of Your account.
- If You provide Your information to Us or use the Site or services in any manner, You will have created a commercial relationship with Us. This includes, by way of example, communicating with a Registered User via e-mail. In having done so, You understand that even unsolicited commercial email sent from Us or Our affiliates is not SPAM as that term is defined under the law.
- Published Information; On-Site & User Communication – Any information or content, personally identifying or otherwise, provided in a profile, advertisement, post, User communication, Membership Subscription and/or Registered User directory, or other related service or feature offered by the Site should be considered public information. We do not, cannot, and will not act to maintain the privacy of any information that You publish on the Site, or otherwise transmit via the Site and/or services.
- Our Commitment to Data Security – We take measures to protect the transmission of sensitive user information. We make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of Our network and systems by storing User data on a secured database, accessible by authorized personnel. Nevertheless, We cannot guarantee that Our security measures will prevent third-party ‘hackers’ from illegally obtaining this information. We take all reasonable measures to prevent such breaches of security, but given the resourcefulness of cyber-criminals, We are unable to guarantee that Our security is one hundred percent (100%) breach-proof. You assume the risk of such breaches to the extent that they occur despite Our reasonable security measures. Please note that the data security policy in this Section is that of this Company only. We are not responsible for the security policies of third parties assisting Us in providing certain Site features.
Warning: The transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although the Company undertakes good faith efforts to protect your personal information, the Company cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. The Company is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
- International Users – This policy is intended to cover collection of information on or through the Website from residents of the United States. If you are visiting the Website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where the Company’s servers are located and the Company’s central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. Please be assured that the Company seeks to take reasonable steps to make sure that your privacy is protected. By using the Company’s services, you acknowledge that your information may be transferred to the Company’s facilities and those third parties with whom the Company shares it as described in this policy. When you provide personal information to the Company through the Website, you consent to the processing of your data in, and the transfer of your data to, the United States or any other country in which the Company or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers host these services.
- Your California Policy Rights – California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits users of the Website that are California residents to request certain information about the Company’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make this request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Further, if you are a California resident and would like to opt out from the disclosure of your personal information to any third party for marketing purposes, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that if you opt out from permitting your personal information to be shared, you may still receive selected officers directly from the Company in accordance with California law.
- No Rights of Third Parties – This policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties or require disclosure of any personal information relating to users of the Website.
- DMCA Takedown Requests – The Website complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). If you reasonably believe that your copyrighted work has been used or posted by a third party without your consent, you may follow the instructions here, http://malemasseurs.com/legal-dmca.cfm, on how to report it.
By submitting a copyright infringement notice or other communication (including communications about content stored on or transmitted through the Website), you consent to have these communications forwarded to the person or entity who stored, transmitted, or linked to the content addressed by your communication, to facilitate a prompt resolution. The Company forwards DMCA infringement notices (including any personally identifying information contained in the notices) as submitted to the Company without any deletions.
- How to Access or Modify Your Information – We may offer our Registered Users the opportunity to access or modify information provided during registration. To access or modify such information, please refer to Your account settings page.